Tuesday, April 17, 2007

At a Loss for Words for Someone Special

My brother-in-law is celebrating a birthday today and my mate is at a loss for words. I am making an executive decision to share with everyone feelings and thoughts my mate shares with me about his older brother:

--My mate is amazed at Ayo’s motivation to go back to school and change careers.

--My mate mentions Ayo’s ability to connect to family, extended and close. Ayo is known on both sides of their family, and makes a point of connecting to those who may have strayed or lost touch with.

--Ayo’s social skills, his uncanny ability to chat with others, joke, make merry, has amazed my mate as well as make him jealous, when he uncomfortably sits in some social environments.

--Since I enjoy cooking, Ayo and I share a bond of the love of food. Sometimes, my mate attempts to cook, but he always shares that really Ayo (and Peter) are the cooks in the family.

There are others that escape even my memory, but overall, my mate connects with his brother in spirit and jokes. Happy Birthday, pare.

3 comments:

exskindiver said...

gigi, you never fail to impress me with your ability to "just do it"
very well said.
and, a nice representation of ted's feelings.

pulang-gubat said...

Dear Gigi:

You again said it for all of us. As we always know, you express best what is in our hearts. Your description of Ayo is so apt, but you did so in the best of words. He is truly indescribable and we know that he has given all of us so much happiness. We know that Teddy speaks so very highly of him and we are not surprised if he finds himself speechless when he really would like to speak volumes of him. Thank you again Gigi. We love you.

Daddy and Mommy

Jose Rizal said...

Thank you so much Gigi! I've decided to make the whole month of April my birthday!!