Sunday, September 16, 2007

California

California, or rather northern California, is a hard place to leave. While it is expensive, we have developed our little life here. Even though our place is small, we have the ability to get out and expand our living room to the local coffee shop or pub, owned by friends, and a welcoming place to socialize. We have found our little town stores we frequent for services, products and even the advice.

A few miles in every direction will bring you to awe-inspiring natural views of the mountains, beach, or even the city of San Francisco.

For me, a foodie, the amount of fresh produce coming from friends’ backyards, or at the local store, brings a flood of culinary ideas. Many people barter dinner from me in exchange for fresh produce or flowers. Why would I complain?

So, while my mate and I may need to move from here, right now we are content and happy with our Bay Area niche. I think I have my heart in the San Francisco Bay Area.

5 comments:

chari said...

Hi gigi,
i get you completely. we don't even live there, but we loved the times that we were able to visit san francisco & stay with you. Could be your cooking?! As for your little place, remember ours. But it's home....

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

It's a nice photo, Gigi. Thanx also for letting us take a glimpse of what's life out there. It seems to be interesting for me...
Thanx for sharing...

exskindiver said...

hi gigi.
truly,
home is where the heart is.
~chesca

pulang-gubat said...

No, not yet, we want to go back and see you again... we love your place and it is home to us too....

Daddy and Mommy

Charissa said...

Was that the view from Pescadero? I really get what you are saying. You truly live in a wonderful area.Hope you are surviving the first month of school:)