Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekends

Waking up with the cool fog, I pull the covers closer to my chin, snuggle a little closer to the warm body next to me, and pray the morning won't end.

All during the week, I work for the weekend morning, the mornings when I don't have to get up and start thinking. Coffee is more enjoyable on the weekends. The thoughts bound between two covers get read. We don't have children during the weekends to wake us up early like they do during the week. Our bodies can relax from the lifting, conjoling, counseling, peer mediating, and psychoanalyzing we do several hours during the weekdays.

My eyes are opening and my thoughts start to turn to the stack of notebooks needing my analysis--why couldn't they just do their homework?--and the laundry that NEEDS to be done. I shut my eyes and hope the morning can last a little bit longer.

But alas, the morning is almost over and tomorrow is Monday.

1 comment:

exskindiver said...

The Boomtown Rats agree with you and I do too.