Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Starting with Annie

So, if you don't know me that well, I love music as most people do; however, I am noticing how MUCH music I have but don't have time to listen to. So, I will attempt to listen to an album a day (i.e. 365 albums per year if I have that many...which I might), write a little blurb about it and maybe you can weigh in on your ideas. (7:00 am) Today's selection: Annie Lennox Bare. More to come on this selection...

(8:00 pm) Well, after listening to Bare while grading papers, I felt a need to listen to more Annie...so I listened to Medusa while cooking dinner and Diva while doing pilates. She has the best female vocals (no contest). On Bare I really like the song "Loneliness" and "Honesty". Medusa, while covers, reminds me of last year college because I listened to that album so much. While I love her cover of "Waiting in Vain", her cover of "Something So Right" fits my current marriage so perfectly. Diva is the perfect moving album, when you need a great rhythm and beat. "Little Bird" I could listen to several times. I still have some Eurythmics albums, but maybe that should wait for another day.

So three albums in one day. I will let you know the selection tomorrow!

No comments: